The West Seattle Garden Tour is one of the premier garden tours in the Pacific Northwest.
We present a diverse variety of beautiful gardens for your full sensory pleasure. See, smell, touch and hear the paradise West Seattle gardeners have created right here in our neighborhood. From tiny pocket gardens to fabulous water view properties, from the meticulously planned to the “happy accidents,” and from lush, all green gardens to the splashiest of colors, you will be surprised, delighted and inspired at every turn.
But did you know the West Seattle Garden Tour is about much more than strolling through unique gardens? Since 1995, West Seattle Garden Tour has focused on growing community: highlighting the physical beauty in our neighborhood, fostering relationships, and supporting non-profit organizations doing important work in our area. Initially founded as a fundraising event for ArtsWest Theatre, WSGT has evolved into an annual fundraiser for a variety of community organizations promoting horticulture, education and the arts. WSGT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization staffed fully by volunteers, proudly donating about $25,000 annually to each year’s designated beneficiaries. In 2012, the West Seattle Chamber of Commerce voted us Westside Not-for-Profit Organization of the Year.
A FEW past BENEFICIARIES
- Arboretum at South Seattle College
- Barton Street Community Garden
- Camp Long Native Habitat Learning Project
- City Fruit
- Delridge Neighborhoods Development Association
- Duwamish Longhouse & Cultural Center: Rain Garden Wetlands
- Elisabeth C. Miller Library at the University of Washington Botanic Gardens
- Ethel Dupar Fragrant Garden Lighthouse for the Blind
- Highline Botanical Garden Foundation
- Solstice (Lincoln Park) P-Patch
- Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden
- Seattle Children's PlayGarden
- Seattle Chinese Garden
- Seattle Tilth
- Solid Ground
- Southwest Seattle Historical Society
- and various schools, just to name a few!