The West Seattle Garden Tour is one of the premier garden tours in the Pacific Northwest.
We present a diverse variety of beautiful gardens for your full sensory pleasure. See, smell, touch and hear the paradise West Seattle gardeners have created right here in our neighborhood. From tiny pocket gardens to fabulous water view properties, from the meticulously planned to the “happy accidents,” and from lush, all green gardens to the splashiest of colors, you will be surprised, delighted and inspired at every turn.
But WSGT is about much more than peeking into backyard gardens. Started in 1995 as a fundraising event for ArtsWest Theatre, WSGT has evolved into an annual fundraiser for a variety of non-profits promoting horticulture, education, or the arts in West Seattle and surrounding communities. A 501(c)(3) non-profit in its own right, WSGT is incredibly proud to donate about $25,000 annually to pre-selected beneficiaries.
A FEW past BENEFICIARIES
- Arboretum at South Seattle College
- Barton Street Community Garden
- Camp Long Native Habitat Learning Project
- City Fruit
- Delridge Neighborhoods Development Association
- Duwamish Longhouse & Cultural Center: Rain Garden Wetlands
- Elisabeth C. Miller Library at the University of Washington Botanic Gardens
- Ethel Dupar Fragrant Garden Lighthouse for the Blind
- Highline Botanical Garden Foundation
- Solstice (Lincoln Park) P-Patch
- Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden
- Seattle Children's PlayGarden
- Seattle Chinese Garden
- Seattle Tilth
- Solid Ground
- Southwest Seattle Historical Society
- and various schools, just to name a few!